Blog Archive

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wanted 2, Barbarella, The Green Lantern, TV DVD News, Sin City 2, Deadpool, Lobo, Comic Previews


Wanted 2

MTV Splash Page spoke here with screenwriter Chris Morgan about 2011 project rumors, and he said: "I'm actually still involved with 'Wanted.' We knew we wanted to do 'Wanted 2,' so we started developing a take and came up with a story that's pretty good and develops the characters. But in the process of developing it, I also had commitments to 'Gears of War' and the samurai movie I'm doing at Universal."



Barbarella

MTV Movie Blogs tells us here that the ambitious Robert Rodriguez remake is dead. Rodriguez says: "After '[Sin City,'] I was looking through all my comic collection to see, 'Well, what else might I make?' The only other thing that I had tons of were Heavy Metal magazines. I said, 'I wanna make a Heavy Metal movie!' And 'Barbarella' fit the bill because you could have everything in that movie. People said, 'Why are you doing 'Barbarella?'… And I showed them the artwork and explained it. They would go, 'Ooooh, okay!'" Click on the link to see the progression that led to the death of the project. Rather sad, really.



The Green Lantern

HitFix says here that the newest name in "serious contention" for the role of Hal Jordan is Bradley Cooper. The film opens on December 17, 2010.



TV DVD News

TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted info about "Total Drama Island" (Complete Season) here, "The Middleman" (Complete Series) here, " Andy Barker P.I." (Complete Series) here, "Dollhouse" (Season 1) here, "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (Season 2) here, "One Tree Hill" (Season 6) here.



Sin City 2

IGN has posted here about a long talk they had with Robert Rodriguez where he said, among other things: "I actually had a phone call with some of the players in it today, but I was on a plane so I missed it. So next week we're going to talk about it some more and get a timing on when we'd be doing it. But there's a lot of people who are interested in it. ... We are definitely going to do that one['A Dame to Kill For']. There's a lot of stories. That was sort of the approach I took to it. That's why there's three stories in the [first] movie, because I thought, 'I love this material, but gosh, what happens if it's not successful and I don't get to make a part two and part three. I still want to see 'The Big Fat Kill' and 'That Yellow Bastard.' So I wanted to put them all in one movie so I could at least get some of these stories out of my system. But there's still so many books and so many stories to do." The movie is set to open in 2011.



Deadpool

ScreenRant reports here that the film will also feature the character of Cable, which should make a lot of fans happy.



Lobo

Latino Review says here that the DC Comics Anti-Hero is headed to the big screen in the near future.


Comic Previews
Comics Continuum has posted preview pages of
The Boys #30,



Army of Darkness #20,



Jersey Gods #4,



Spawn: Origins, Vol. 1,



The Warlord #2,



Superman: World of New Krypton #3,



& Archie & Friends #129












No comments:

Some of C. Wayne Owens' Books on Amazon