Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Drop Dead Fred, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Iron Man 2, TV DVD News, Batman 3, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Alien Prequel, Comic P


Drop Dead Fred

Reuters reports here that Universal Pictures has picked Russell Brand to star in the remake of the 1991 comedy.



Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
Spoilers ahead!
SlashFilm says here that there will be two suprise cultural icons making cameos in the sequel. Again, stop reading here if you don't like spoilers! If you see "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" the preview before it will show that both Darth Vader and Oscar the Grouch will make flash appearances in the film.



Iron Man 2

Director Jon Favreau has been tweeting from the set. You can follow them here.



TV DVD News

TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted info about "Charlie Brown/Peanuts Specials" (1960's Collection) here, "The Girls Next Door" (Season 5) here, "Lie to Me" (Season 1) here, "My Name Is Earl" (Season 4) here, "Family Guy" (Vol. 7) here, "The World's Greatest Super Friends" (The Lost Episodes) here.



Batman 3

Latino Review spoke here with Christian Bale about the 2011 sequel. Bale said: "Will we do a third movie? It's got to be the right story. You can't make something like The Dark Knight and then come out with something disappointing. I would like it if people say, 'You'll never make a good third movie.' I say, 'OK, let's make a third movie in that case, let's prove them wrong.’ But that's just me. The fact is, I have to! I've signed up! Chris [Nolan] doesn't. So I'm in a bit of a fix if he says he doesn't want to!" He also talks about the Oscars.



G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

MTV News has posted here a reassurance from Marlon Wayons that the film will not be a comedy. Wayons said: "It wasn't about 'Hey, let it be the me comedy show.' It is G.I. Joe. It's supposed to be badass action. So you commit to it - and I found the fun in being a badass, for once in my life." More of the interview is here.



Alien Prequel

IESB reports here that Fox Co-chairman Tim Rothman was talking at the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" première about the proposed project and said: "There's been some talk. Ridley Scott, Ridley is right now working on Robin Hood, but I think he's toying with the idea and that would be great for us. I mean, it's always been a matter of, really, if you can get the originator to do it that would be the greatest thing, so I've got my fingers crossed, all of them." They also have a video of the interview posted at the same location.


Comic Previews
Comics Continuum has posted preview pages of
Freedom Force: Michelle Obama,



Eureka: Dormant Gene #1,



Farscape: D'Argo's Lament #1,



The Muppet Show #2,



Ms. Marvel #38,



Skaar: Son of Hulk #10,



& Archie #596












No comments:

Some of C. Wayne Owens' Books on Amazon