Blog Archive

Friday, January 16, 2009

Iron Man 2, The Karate Kid, TV DVD News, Nick Fury, John Carter of Mars, Comic Previews


Iron Man 2

SuperheroHype says here that Emily Blunt looks to be playing Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow in the Justin Theroux scripted sequel.



The Karate Kid

Entertainment Weekly says here that Jackie Chan will play Mr. Miyagi in the remake. Jaden Smith will play his student.



TV DVD News

TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted info about "Mysterious Cities of Gold" (2 Sets) here, "Little Dorrit" (Mini-Series) here, "Lovejoy" (Season 5) here, "Tiny Toon Adventures" (Season 1, Vol. 2) here, "The Clone Wars" (A Galaxy Divided) here, "Make Room for Daddy" (First 6 Episodes) here.



Nick Fury

The L.A. Times says here that Samuel L. Jackson may NOT be playing the former Howling Commando in upcoming films. Jackson is quoted as saying: "I saw Jon Favreau at the Scream Awards and we had a conversation. He said, 'I hope things are working out for you because we're writing stuff for you.' Then all of a sudden last week I talked to my agents and manager and things aren't really working that well. There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don't know. Maybe I won't be Nick Fury. Maybe somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won't be in it. There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], 'We're not making that deal." Marvel has no comment.



John Carter of Mars

Writer/Director Andrew Stanton said herein Sci Fi Wire: "[I'm] deep into it. I'm on my next draft of it. We're in pre-production art-wise, and we're starting to talk to actors. So it's full bore. Yeah, I think [live-action] that's the only way. I mean, there are so many creatures and characters that half of it's going to be CG whether you want it to be [or not], just to realize some of these images that are in the book. But it will feel real. The whole thing will feel very, very believable." The film is set for a 2012 release.




Comic Previews
Comics Continuum has posted preview pages of
New Battlestar Galactica: Cylon War #1,



The Death-Defying 'Devil #2,



The Darkness #10,



Final Crisis #6,



Green Lantern Corps #32,



Faces of Evil: Prometheus,



& Trinity #32












No comments:

Some of C. Wayne Owens' Books on Amazon