Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Forbidden Planet, The Spirit, TV DVD News, Paradox, Judge Dredd, Comic Previews


Forbidden Planet

Latino Review reports here the 2010 prequel's plot and follow-up trilogy plans for the J. Michael Straczynski remake.



The Spirit

As the Christmas Day release gets closer there is much rumble going on about the film. Frank Miller said here to Superhero Hype: "It's Tex Avery when it comes to the Octopus fighting The Spirit, which always was. I mean, their fights were preposterous. They took more punishment than any human could possibly take. The rest of the movie is a romance, and I mean a romance in the old terms, which is when adventure and romance were one thing, like in 'Robin Hood' or 'Zorro.' I felt that Eisner's work was specifically designed for adults, not for children, and wanted to bring the real life adult motive of the Sand Serif story." Actor Dan Lauria told Mania.com over here: "I'm a thief. I mean, whenever I do anything I rob from an old actor that nobody remembers. So, I told Frank the last play I did I was doing Richard Conte. Nobody knew who he was. So he said, 'Who are you doing in this movie?' And I said, 'Ah, you wouldn't know him' and he said, 'No, try me out.' and I says 'Bart MacLane.' He listed every Bart MacLane movie. I couldn't do one bit without him telling me what movie I'd stolen from."



TV DVD News

TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted info about "The Paper Chase" (Season 1) here, "Hope & Faith" (Season 1) here, "Spin City" (Season 2) here, "Rhoda" (Season 1) here, "Dave's World" (Season 2) here, "My Three Sons" (Season 1, Vol. 2) here.



Paradox

ComingSoon.net reports here that Arcana Studios has joined with Canadian production company Legacy Filmworks and Bron Management to produce five films based on their comics. The first will be "Paradox," starring Kevin Sorbo and directed by Brenton Spencer. The screenplay has been written by Christos N. Gage and Ruth Fletcher Gage. Sorbo will play a homicide cop on a parallel Earth ruled by magic who investigates a series of murders committed by a previously unseen means: the power of science.



Judge Dredd

The 2000 AD comics message board said the following here: "Rebellion and 2000 AD are proud to announce that 'Judge Dredd' is coming to a cinema near you soon! Together with DNA Films, the movie production company behind such great sci-fi movies such as 'Sunshine' and '28 Weeks Later,' 'Judge Dredd' will go into production in 2009. Jason Kingsley, CEO and Creative Director said, 'We can't give away too many details at this point, but we're looking forward to working with DNA Films to bring 'Judge Dredd' back to the big screen.' We'll keep you up to date with breaking news as it happens!"




Comic Previews
Comics Continuum has posted preview pages of
Atomic Robo: Dogs of War #5,




Cyblade #2,



Invincible #56,



Savage #3,



Fall of Cthulhu: Apocalypse #1,



Farscape #1,



& Necronomicon #4











No comments:

Some of C. Wayne Owens' Books on Amazon