Blog Archive

Monday, April 21, 2008

Wonder Woman, Napoleon and Betsy, TV DVD News, Silver Surfer, How I Met Your Mother, Comic Previews


Wonder Woman

Joel Silver spoke to SCI FI Wire in this article saying: "I thought for a while that I didn't want to do a genesis story of Wonder Woman. And so the first few drafts I created weren't genesis stories. And I don't know, maybe after I saw Spider-Man or whatever, I thought that it should be a genesis story. And then I had to kind of go back to the drawing board, because I had a version that the studio wanted to make that was not a genesis story." After Joss Whedon did a script, then Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland did one set in World War II. Now Silver says that he doesn't want to do "period." He added: "I just think it should be a genesis story, and I've got to find a way to tell it. Because whenever I got into the stuff, you know, Paradise Island and stuff, it was kind of goofy. But I've got to find a way to do it where it's effective. I mean, I thought some of the stuff they did in 300 was great. I don't know if I want to make it that way, but, I mean, I think there's a way to do this where the audience is going to accept it. But I've got to figure it out. It [Jennison and Strickland's screenplay] was a good script. They wrote a good script, and I liked it. But I think that I don't want to make that movie that way. I want it to be a contemporary story. It's sitting there, and when I figure out a way to do it, I'll do it."



Napoleon and Betsy

Emma Watson will join the cast of the Napoleonic period drama this autumn. The 18-year-old actress will replace Scarlett Johansson, who the producers decided looked too old for the part. Johanson will produce.



TV DVD News

TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted info about "The Jackie Gleason Show" (Collection) here, "The Boondocks" (Season 2) here, "Galaxy Rangers" (Vol. 2) here, "The New Fantastic Four" (1978 Animated) here, "The Marvel Superheroes" (1966 Animated) here, "Spider-Man" (1981 Animated) here, and "Spider-Man" (1967 Animated) here.



Silver Surfer

Doug Jones said here at Sci Fi Wire: "I don't have any information that you haven't read on the Internet. As it stands with a franchise-type character like that, I did sign a three-picture deal, so I have two more pictures where they have the option to use me, and I hope they do. I've heard the same rumors about J. Michael Straczynski writing a script, and I hope that's true. Let's hope we see the Silver Surfer in his own movie real soon."



How I Met Your Mother

Britney Spears will return to the show. A source says: "The show is ecstatic and so is Britney. She had so much fun the first time around she really wanted to come back. It was a mutual decision to work together more." Larry Rudolph, Spears' former manager, said: "It was a really positive experience for her. She talked about it quite a bit the last time I saw her. She wants to do it again." Executive producer Carter Bays says: "I thought she was great. I was very proud of that episode." On "Live with Regis and Kelly" today, Neal Patrick Harris admitted that the show still has not been picked up for the coming season.



The Renaissance Festival of Joplin
"The Renaissance Festival that Builds Houses"
April 26 and 27, 2008 in the beautiful village of Fareham located within Landreth Park in Joplin, Missouri
Click here for our web page.
"Come and play!"





Comic Previews
Comics Continuum has posted preview pages of
Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files:
Welcome to the Jungle #1,




N-Guard #1,



Robert E. Howard's Conan:
The Frazetta Cover Series #2,



Conan #50,



The Return of the Gremlins #3,



Star Wars: Dark Times #10,



Star Wars: Legacy #22,



& Star Wars: Rebellion #13











No comments:

Some of C. Wayne Owens' Books on Amazon