Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Green Lantern, Cloverfield 2, TV DVD News, Total Recall, Damn Yankees, Comic Previews


Green Lantern

IESB.net is reporting here that this report in Latino Review, that Anton Yelchin will play the title role in the 2011 film, is being denied. Yelchin said: "I had no idea about that…I have no clue. I have no idea. I think I'm probably too young. I mean, no one has approached me. No one has said anything to me. I imagine I'm just too young. I mean, it's a great character but i don't know anything about it…I haven't heard anything about it."



Cloverfield 2

ComingSoon.net says here that the sequel has the green light. J.J. Abrams says: "We're actually working on an idea right now. The key obviously at doing any kind of sequel, certainly this film included, is that it better not be a business decision. If you're going to do something, it should be because you’re really inspired to do it. It doesn’t really have to mean anything, doesn't mean it will work, but it means we did it because we cared, not because we thought we could get the bucks. We have an idea that we thought was pretty cool that we're playing with, which means there will be something that’s connected to 'Cloverfield,' but I hope it happens sooner than later because the idea is pretty sweet."



TV DVD News

TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted info about "The Hilarious House of Frightenstein" (Canadian release) here, "Will & Grace" (Best of) here, "Caprica" (Pilot film) here, "Swiss Family Robinson" (Canadian Series) here, "Kong: The Animated Series" (Re-Release) here, "Highlander: The Animated Series" (Complete Series) here.



Total Recall

The Hollywood Reporter tells us that Columbia is working on a remake of the Philip K. Dick film for 2012.



Damn Yankees

Variety is reporting that Jim Carrey and Jake Gyllenhaal will star in a new film version of the musical.


Comic Previews
Comics Continuum has posted preview pages of
X-Men/Spider-Man #4,



X-Men: First Class Finals #2,



Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3,



Secret Warriors #2,



Deadpool #8,



Agents of Atlas #2,



& Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #1











No comments:

Some of C. Wayne Owens' Books on Amazon