Blog Archive

Monday, January 12, 2009

Spider-Man 4, Jonah Hex, TV DVD News, Jack the Giant Killer, Ender's Game, Comic Previews


Spider-Man 4

Slashfilm says here that they know the next villains to show up in 2011 edition of the franchise are Morbius, the living vampire & the Lizard. Director Sam Raimi is quoted as saying: "I like it in the Marvel comics when Spider-Man fights Morbius. He's really cool. A vampire! I like that combination of superhero plus supernatural."



Jonah Hex

Collider says here that Josh Brolin has picked Jimmy Hayward to be the director for his starring vehicle, saying: "I just think that Jimmy is truly brilliant. I was going to talk about that earlier. He got an e-mail to me somehow, someway. He wasn't somebody we were even beginning to look at and I read the e-mail and was completely blown away by it. I had to meet the guy. I ended up meeting the guy and I think he's so far beyond most of us in his expertise and his filmic abilities. It was one of those things where I brought him to the studio and I said, 'I think this is the guy. I don't know why.' But I think he's a brilliant, brilliant filmmaker. I can't wait to see what he does. So I don't know how to answer your question, but I can't wait to see what he does."



TV DVD News

TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted info about "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (Season 4, Vol. 1) here, "Lost" (Seasons 1 & 2, Blu-ray) here, "Barney Miller" (Season 3) here, "Caroline in the City" (Season 2) here, "The Waltons" (Season 9) here, "Doctor Who" (Battlefield & E-Space Trilogy) here.



Jack the Giant Killer

ScreenRant says here that New Line Cinema will produce the "more adult look at the classic children’s story Jack and the Beanstalk" written by Mark Bomback. D.J. Caruso has been signed to direct the 2011 film. The story gives this synopsis: "When a princess is kidnapped, a long-standing peace between men and giants becomes threatened, and a young farmer is given an opportunity to lead a dangerous expedition to the giant kingdom to rescue her." Actually sounds more like the film "Jack the Giant Killer" (1962) to me, but what do I know?




Ender's Game

According to this article in The LA Times the film adaptation of Orson Scott Card's book, to be directed by Wolfgang Petersen, has died in development. Word is that Peterson dropped out in November because he was unhappy with the direction the project was going.




Comic Previews
Comics Continuum has posted preview pages of
X-Men/Spider-Man #3,



X-Infernus #2,



Deadpool #6,



Lords of Avalon: Knight of Darkness #3,



Marvel Adventures Super Heroes #7,



Marvel Illustrated: The Odyssey #5,



& Marvel Illustrated: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz #2












No comments:

Some of C. Wayne Owens' Books on Amazon